Abra Malaga & Cusco Birdwatching
- Starts/Finish in Cusco City.
- Minimun 02 people.
- Maximun 06 people.
- Rate 785.00 per person.
Amazing Cusco Birdwatching program that give you the opportunity to explore the two most important areas in Cusco for birdwatchers (Abra Malaga & Machu Picchu) and to look for 13 different Peru endemic birds and some near endemics.
Day 1 : Huacarpay Wetland, Culinary Experience and Balcon del Diablo
At noon we will enjoy our lunch as a new Culinary Experience in one of the best Cusco restaurants. Here we will enjoy a tasting of the different dishes of the restaurant with one of the Chefs that will explain the concepts and the ingredients of each dish. A fun educational and unique culinary experience.
Our Cusco birdwatching tour will start by picking you up from your hotel/restaurant at 2:30 pm to go in a private vehicle to “El Bacon del Diablo”. This amazing place, special for watching Cusco birds, is located next to Sacsaywaman archeological site, like 20 minutes from Cusco City. Upon arrival to Balcon del Diablo we are going to start the exploring in 2 kilometers around looking for the cusco birds and especially the Cusco endemic birds.
Ending our Cusco birdwatching tour at 4:30 pm approximately, we will bring you to your hotel to pick up your stuff and 30 minutes later we will go to Ollantaytambo town to spend the night (accomodation is not included)
- Huacarpay Wetlands birds Andean Duck, Puna Teal, White-tufted Grebe, Puna Ibis, Variable Hawk, Black-chested Buzzard-Eagle, Plumbeous Rail, Spotted Sanpiper, Yellow-winged Blackbird, Yellow-billed Tit-tyrant, Rusty-Fronted Canastero (E) , Bearded Mountaineer (E) , Black-tailed Trainbearer, Andean Flicker, Many-colored Rush-Tyrant, Andean Negrito, Rusty Flowerpiercer, Golden-billed Saltatoras well as other interesting birds.
- Cusco birds at Balcon del Diablo Chestnut-breasted Mountain- Finch (E) , Creamy-creasted Spinetail (E), Bearded Mountaineer (E), Rusty-fronted Canastero (E) and white-tufted Sunbeam (E) as well as other interesting birds.
Day 2 : Abra Malaga west slope and polylepis woodland
Check in, dinner and sleep
Day 3 : Abra Malaga east slope and bamboos patches
Around 2:00 pm we will arrive to Ollantaytambo town to have our lunch (lunch is not included).
Later we will catch the train to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night.
- Abra Malaga Birds (East & West): Taczanowski’s Tinamou, Tyrian Metaltail, Shining and White-tufted Sunbeam (E) , Giant Hummingbird, White.billied Hummingbird, Andean Swift, Creamy-crested Spinetail (E) , Junin Canastero (E) , White-crested and Sierran Elaenias, d’Orbigny’s Chat-Tyrant, Rofous-breasted and White-browed Chat-Tyrants, Black-throated Flowerpiercer, Tit-like Dacnis, Peruvian Sierra-Finch, Ash-breasted Sierra-Finch, Greenish Yllow-Finch, Chestnut-breasted Mountain Finch (E), Black-backed Grosbeak, Hooded Siskin, Royal Cinclodes, White-browed Tit-Spinetail, Ash breasted Tit-tyrant, Andean Hillstar, Tawny Tit-spinetail, Line-fronted Canastero, Stripe-headed Antpitta, Puna Tapaculo, Brown-backed Chat-tyrant, Rufous-webbed Bush-Tyrant, Giant Conebill, Marcapata Spinetail (E) , Parodi´s Hemispingus (E) , Cuzco Brushfinch (E) , Unstreaked Tit-Tyrant (E), Royal Cinclodes (NE), White-browed Tit-Spinetail (E), Ash breasted Tit-tyrant (NE), Andean Hillstar, Tawny Tit-spinetail (NE), Line-fronted Canastero (NE), Stripe-headed Antpitta (NE), Puna Tapaculo (NE), Brown-backed Chat-tyrant, Rufous-webbed Bush-Tyrant, Giant Conebill, Tit-like Dacnis (NE) and more.
Day 4 : Machu Picchu Birdwatching and Citadel Tour
At 1:30 pm with our guide, we will catch the bus to go uphill to the Machu Picchu citadel to begin the one-hour and half tour of this magical place. In some areas of Machu Picchu citadel (On the bamboo patches) you will have the opportunity to find another Machu Picchu endemic bird known as Inca wren.
At the indicated time (30 minutes before your train schedule) you will board, on your own and with the assistance of the staff of the railway company, the train to go back to the train station of Poroy or Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival our staff will be waiting outside the station with a board with your name to transfer you to your hotel in the city of Cusco.
- Machu Picchu birds (Citadel, Mandor waterfalls and Ruinas bridge): Torrent Duck, Lyre-tailed Nightjar, Band-billied Owl, Chestnut-collared and White-tipped Swifts, Green Hermit, Speckled Hummingbird, Long-tailed Sylph, Buff-thighed Puffleg, Collared Inca, Chestnut-breasted Coronet, Booted Racket-tail, White-billied Woodstar, Green-and-White Hummingbird (E) , Masked Trogon, Andean Motmot, Black-streaked Puffbird, Versicolored Barbet, Blue-banded Toucanet, Ocellated Piculet, Golden-Olive Wood-pecker, Mitret Parakeet, Sharp-tailed Streamcreeper, White-tailed and White-banded Tyrannulets, Inca Flycatcher (E) , Smoke-colored Pewwe, Black Phoebe, Masked Fruiteater (E), Cock-of-the Rock, Brown-capped Vireo, Green Jay, White-capped Dipper, Dusky-green Oropendola, Inca Wren (E) and more.
Day 5 : City Walking Tour and Bye Bye Day:
According to your flight schedule we will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to the airport of Cusco.
End of service.
Bird List of Birding & Adventure
Click the image to download the list.