Cusco Birdwatching Tour (4D/3N)
- Starts/Finish in Cusco City.
- Minimun 02 people.
- Maximun 06 people.
- Rate USD 650.00 per person.
Cusco Birdwatching tour is a short birdwatching program in Cusco that give you the opportunity to look for some of the most important Cusco birds and Cusco endemic birds, plus combines this with the most popular cultural destinations like Cusco City, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Huacarpay Wetland, City walking & Pisco tasting
After lunch (lunch is not included) we will start our walking tour at 15:00 hrs with the pick-up from your hotel or restaurant and then we will walking through the city center, where we will visit two important buildings such as the Cathedral of Cusco and the imposing Temple of the Sun also known in Quechua as the "Qoricancha".
At 06:30 pm our pisco tasting will start. More than just a Pisco tasting, this will be a journey into the realm of Peru's national liquor, we will taste different Pisco varieties and with our friendly bartender we will learn to make Pisco sour and chilcano of pisco.
- Huacarpay wetland birds : Spotted Sanpiper, Yellow-winged Blackbird, White-bellied Hummingbird, Yellow-billed Tit-tyrant, Tufted Tit-tyrant, Yellow billed pintail, Speckled Teal, Great Egret, Rusty-Fronted Canastero (E), Cattle Egret, Striated Heron, Baird's Sandpiper, Bearded Mountaineer (E) ,
Day 2: Balcon del Diablo and Sacred Valley by Poroy
At 10:00 am we will go to Ollantaytambo town by one section of the Sacred Valley. Arriving to Ollantaytambo town we will visit the archeological site and after this we will have our lunch (Lunch not included). After the lunch we will explore the area looking for the Bearded Mountaineer (E) and other Cusco birds.
In the afternoon, walking transfer to Ollantaytambo train station to board our train that will bring us to Aguas Calientes town. Overnight at Aguas Calientes town (accomodation is not included)
- Cusco birds at Balcon del Diablo: Chestnut-breasted Mountain- Finch (E) , Creamy-creasted Spinetail (E) , Bearded Mountaineer (E) , Rusty-fronted Canastero (E) and white-tufted Sunbeam (E) as well as other interesting birds.
Day 3 :Machu Picchu Birdwatching and Citadel Tour
At appropriate time we will return to Aguas Calientes town to have our lunch (Lunch is not included)
At 1:00 pm with our guide, we will catch the bus to go uphill to the Machu Picchu citadel to begin the one-hour and half tour of this magical place. In some areas of Machu Picchu citadel (On the bamboo patches) you will have the opportunity to find other Machu Picchu endemic bird known as Inca wren
At indicated time (30 minutes before your train schedule) you will board, on your own and with the assistance of the staff of the railway company, the train to go back to the train station of Poroy or Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival our staff will be waiting outside the station with a board with your name to transfer you to your hotel in the city of Cusco.
- Machu Picchu Key species (Citadel, Mandor waterfalls and Ruinas bridge):Torrent Duck, Black and Chestnut Eagle, Lyre-tailed Nightjar, Band-billed Owl, Chestnut-collared and White-tipped Swiffs, Green Hermit, Speckled Hummingbird, Long-tailed Sylph, Buff-thighed puffleg, Collared Inca, Chestnut-breasted Coronet, Booted Racket-tail, White-bellied Woodstar, Green-and-White Hummingbird (E), Masked Trogon, Andean Motmot, Black-streaked Puffbird, Versicolored Barbet, Blue-banded Toucanet, Ocellated Piculet, Streak-necked and Inca, Masked Fruiteater (E) and Inca Wren (E), as well as other interesting birds.
Day 4 : Bye Bye Day
According your flight schedule we will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to the airport of Cusco.
End of the services.
Bird List of Cusco Birding
Click the image to download the list.