Manu Road: Cusco Cloud and Rainforest
- Starts/Finish in Cusco City.
- Minimun 02 people.
- Maximun 06 people.
- Rate USD 1760.00 per person.
Day 1: Cusco – Paucartambo – Bamboo Lodge
- This day will be a hard fullday birding. Just because it is the area with more altitudes graduation and more spots to work, but definitely, it is convenient continuing to the low area to save time and to enjoy the low area birds. We will cover 199 km.
- We will depart at 4:00 am from Cusco city. After four hours (128 kms) crossing different spectacular viewpoints and doing some strategic stops, we will arrive to Acjanaco Pass (114700ft.).
- The entrance to the Manu National Park. Here we will get into the Cloud Forest through sinuous road during 50 kilometers to San Pedro area. On the way we will do the most important stops for birding.
- According our times and pace we will choice our places for the boxlunch. At appropriate time we will continue 20 kilometers more, in “slow birding motion” to bamboo lodge. Arriving to bamboo lodge at 6:00pm we will do our check in and dinner.
Day 2: Bamboo Lodge - Villa Carmen Biological St.
- We In this journey we will do just 15 kilometers, but in a rich area with many birds to see. The idea here is to re-get energy and taking our time for the most interesting birds of these rainforest altitude.
- The morning will be at the road and the afternoon in Villa Carmen Biological Station trails.
- We will start early in the morning watching some birds of bamboo gardens area.
- After the breakfast we will start our trip of 15 kilometers to Villa Carmen Biological Station. On the way we will look for the macaws, parrots, toucans, woodpeckers and more.
- At noon we will have our check in and lunch.
- After the lunch and nap we will explore the trails of this amazing place until late afternoon.
Day 3 :Villa Carmen Biological St.-Atalaya-Villa Carmen Biological St.
- Talking about the 1600 ft area, Villa Carmen is one of the most comfortable places to stay with excellent location, birds and FOOD.
- That’s why we will explore Atalaya region since early in the morning to the late afternoon to return to Villa Carmen as our strategic point at night.
- Early in the morning we will start our adventure going to Atalaya town. In the way, of course we will have some strategical stops. At 8:00 we will catch our boat to explore the Madre de Dios River and we will visit some of the lodge of the area that offers different trails for birdwatchers.
- At appropriate time we will have our short lunch to keep exploring the area.
- In the afternoon, at 4:30 pm we will catch the boat to go back to Atalaya town and later to Villa Carmen Biological Station.
Day 4 : Villa Carmen Biological St.-Wayqecha Biological St.-Cusco
- This morning will be a full birdwatching morning.
- After the breakfast we are going to start the return to Wayqecha Biological Station. In just 65 kilometers we are going to ascend from the 550 m.a.s.l to almost the 3000 m.a.s.l.
- Of course, doing some strategically stops on the way to try to see the birds that we didn’t see in the first day.
- Early lunch at Wayquecha Biological Station.
- At 1:00pm (after lunch) we will go back to Cusco City.
- End of the services.
Bird List of Cusco Birding
Click the image to download the list.